Tuesday, November 13, 2007

The Winners

I just looked at several Winners: Fun Stuff--One Sentence
MedStory--asked a question about the shingles shot
Yahoo Local--investigated this one
I noticed several sites that we have already visited through our discoveries--Flickr, Technorati etc.

I liked Yahoo Local. It was easy to use because of the category listings to browse. One feature I found intriguing was the ratings and reviews of not only restaurants but services and businesses. There was a posting about an electrician and one about Sports Authority. It also listed the most popular searches for this week. It looked to me like they were "tagged". Whoa, that is a new word in my technology vocabulary due to Learning 2.0. Yahoo locals is in My Favorites. I did added a feed to Bloglines--Most Recent Say-So. Looked like a fun feed.

Once again, I liked this discovery. I discovered A LOT.

1 comment:

maura said...

yahoo local does a great job of aggregating local information. i often use it and show it during my basic internet classes.

i added one sentence to my feedreader too!