Thursday, October 25, 2007

WEB 2.0

As I was looking over the five perspectives, I noticed four were written by men. What's up ladies?

I read four of the five perspectives. Because I do not have a librarian degree (I have and degree in elementary education), some of the discussions were confusing to me. I did find that Rick Anderson's article "Icebergs" hit home when he wrote about the "come to us" library model. One does not need to go to a library for information like the good ole days. One does not need to go to the library for a book. We experienced that when doing the audiobook downloads. One doesn't need to go to the library to do a research project. Today most of those needs can be met by searching the Web. This Learning 2.0 project has made me very aware of that. I knew it, but now I have experienced more of its offerings.

1 comment:

maura said...

that is an interesting observation about the articles. i am pretty sure there are more women and than men librarians, however i think that men tend to go into systems and the techy side of things... interesting.

2.0 is all about going to where the user is. i might argue the come to us model is dead: we need to seek our users are, anticipate their needs, and be ready with attractive services when they realize it. see you thursday!