Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wikis what?

It was fun finding out the meaning of the word Wiki. I should have been able to figure it out. It looks Hawaiian.

I looked at all of the library wikis offered in the Discovery Excerise. I thought it was interesting that three libraries share a wiki. I supposed that is because they are three small libraries. Sharing services and information is good for those communities. I also found it interesting that one library wiki was having vandalism problems. I would assume that is a general problem with wikis that are open for public edit. I will continue to investigate and read about wikis. Doing that will require more blog entries. Look for them. I hope I have some worthwhile comments.

1 comment:

maura said...

vandalism is a major concern, and there has been a few major news stories about wikipedia and vandals. sometimes current news stories are locked from updates, and at one point the us congress was blocked from updating wikipedia entries.